Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Help with %files for monopod spec file
  • From: James Oakley <jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:42:09 -0300
On Tuesday 26 September 2006 1:43 pm, Jigish Gohil wrote:
> On 9/26/06, James Oakley <jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 26 September 2006 1:25 pm, Cameron Seader wrote:
> > > Greetings,
> > > Anyone willing to help in the creation of %files for my monopod spec
> > > file. The project is under home:cseader monopod. Unless anyone has any
> > > good docs on how to create your %files that would be great too. I'm
> > > still learning this stuff, and any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > I usually just build it with an empty %files section, and look at the
> > log. At the end you'll see a complete list of files that got installed
> > that were not in the %files section.
>
> Yeah, thats what I do, there sure must be a better way of doing this?

For autoconf projects you can look through all the Makefile.am files for
installable targets.

Perl modules are very predictable, if you've built a lot of them.

Python's distutils can save the installed file list to be picked up
with %files -f <filename>. You still need to manually add your
licensing/documentation files as %doc.

--
James Oakley
jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx