Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Help with %files for monopod spec file
  • From: James Oakley <jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:35:02 -0300
On Tuesday 26 September 2006 1:25 pm, Cameron Seader wrote:
> Greetings,
> Anyone willing to help in the creation of %files for my monopod spec
> file. The project is under home:cseader monopod. Unless anyone has any
> good docs on how to create your %files that would be great too. I'm
> still learning this stuff, and any help would be appreciated.

I usually just build it with an empty %files section, and look at the log. At
the end you'll see a complete list of files that got installed that were not
in the %files section.

Don't just copy the list, though. You will want to use %{_lib}
for /usr/lib, %{_mandir} for /usr/share/man, %{_includedir}
for /usr/share/include, etc. You should look at other spec files to see what
other people do.

--
James Oakley
jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx