Re: [opensuse-buildservice] spec files: package source: file or link?
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:10:59 +0200
Pascal Bleser wrote:
> Adrian Schröter wrote:
>>> Great. Actually it's not that difficult to implement, as you "just"
>>> need to parse the spec file and then trigger wget or curl on the URL +
>>> copy the resulting download to SOURCES/
>> it is a bit more, since we do not want to rely on .spec files, tar ball
>> validation is needed and we want also support cvs/svn checkouts.
>
> Ok. What would you validate besides the fact that it actually is what
> it says (that a .tar.gz is effectively a .tar.gz) ?
>
> And yay for cvs/svn checkouts :)
> Source: http://..../foobar@1424
> or
> Source: :pserver:..../module@TAG
> :)

Umm.. actually, to make it work with rpmbuild...

Version: 1424
Source: http://..../foobar@%{version}/foobar-%{version}.tar.bz2

Parser needs to interpret it as
svn co http://..../foobar@1424 foobar-1424
tar cjf foobar-1424.tar.bz2 foobar-1424
rm -rf foobar-1424

Already have some specs about the URL specification for those ?

cheers
_\_v http://www.fosdem.org http://opensuse.org

< Previous Next >