[opensuse-buildservice] spec files: package source: file or link?
  • From: Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:21:05 +0200
Hi,

at least in one suse spec file I saw as source an url
to the web site with our source files.

I wonder:
- is this only for looking for new versions?
- If I keep the url in the package, will I still need to
provide the downloaded file or will the build server do
that for me?
- is it better to replace it with the file name, and provide
the downloaded and uploaded source .tar.gz?

as you can see, I'm a rpm newby, so help is very welcome.

Regards, Andreas