Re: [opensuse-buildservice] suggestion: limited trigger rebuild
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <mrueckert@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:53:14 +0200
On 2006-09-20 23:02:57 +0200, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> ok, I'm doing baby steps to get somewhere, and of course
> the first few versions of the spec file will be buggy.
>
> so I wonder: wouldn't it save resources on build.opensuse.org
> if I could first trigger a rebuild only on some plattform,
> wait if that succeeds, and only then trigger rebuild for
> other plattforms (e.g. the rest / all)?
>
> currently "trigger rebuild" will affect all build targets
> if I understand right and might be create a huge load on
> your system.

you can retrigger per repo/arch already:

curl -d " " -n \
"http://api.opensuse.org/source/{project}/{pkg}?cmd=rebuild&repo={repo}&arch={arch}";

-n == netrc or use:
-u/--user <user[:password]> Set server user and password

repo and arch are optional.

so those 3 are valid:

"http://api.opensuse.org/source/ruby/ruby?cmd=rebuild&repo=SUSE_Factory";
"http://api.opensuse.org/source/ruby/ruby?cmd=rebuild&arch=i586";
"http://api.opensuse.org/source/ruby/ruby?cmd=rebuild&repo=SUSE_Factory&arch=i586";

__BUT__

if you upload a spec file it will directly build on all build targets
anyway. if you change files you do not need to press trigger rebuild.

if you want to test if a change is really fixing your problem e.g. on
fedora than use osc build.

e.g.

$ osc build Fedora_Extras_5 i586 *spec

will fetch all needed fedora rpms into the local package cache and than
build locally in a chroot. just as it would do it on the build service.
I am not forcing you to do so... but it would definitely cut down the
round trip time for you.

running "osc build" once without arguments will add the needed settings
to your $HOME/.oscrc and you can customize them.

so while we are at it: osc 0.8 supports a neat feature for the
build-root setting.

the default for build-root is '/var/tmp/build-root'.
you now can set it to '/var/tmp/build-root-%(repo)s' and with the
cmdline from the example it will build in
'/var/tmp/build-root-Fedora_Extras_5'

you can also make it: '/var/tmp/build-root-%(repo)s-%(arch)s'
and will get '/var/tmp/build-root-Fedora_Extras_5-i586'

hope this helps

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux