Re: [opensuse-buildservice] newby questions
  • From: Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:52:11 +0200
Christoph Thiel wrote:
a) on the web page - why no add all for adding all distributions? would
simplify it for most users

Are you talking about adding build targets? Originally all targets were shown, but with the growing number of project that list is geeting really complicated for users to work with.

sorry, yes, I meant build targets. I wonder why distributions are manually picked, not picked per project, and architecture is
not picked either. well "all" works fine for me, and a single
button to get "all" would have saved me a few clicks. but since
it is only a thing I need to setup once as far as I know, it is
ok. only a minor notice, this looks strange.

or maybe change it into a page with checkboxes, so I can change
it easily and submit with a single click? java script could then
be used for macros like "select all" and "deselect all".

b) adding the same distribution twice by accident gives an sql error.
maybe you want to add code to does that check of handle the mistake
more graceful.

=> please file a bug report -> http://bugs.openSUSE.org/ (product: openSUSE.org, component: Build Service something ;))

ok, done.

g) If I want to jointly develop packages with a group of people, we need a non home: repository, right? and I need to ask here for approval before creating one?

Right -- propose one, get the "approval" and create it yourself :)

ok, thanks.

h) are there any plans to add the metadata e.g. for debian package pools? (dist/ directory, "Package" files etc.)?

AFAIK we are already creating apt metadata (Packages / Packages.gz files).

ah, great. thanks a lot!

Andreas