Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Package download for local build from local source (e.g. DVD)
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:45:40 +0200
On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 12:52:36PM +0200, Stefan BrĂ¼ns wrote:
> as I have a very slow connection at the moment, and wanted to try the local
> build introduced recently, I have patched my osc to use a local directory as
> a package source.
>
> Patch is attached.
>
> remarks:
> The files will be symlinked, if they are available locally, and downloaded
> otherwise. To copy the files to the cache even for local files, change
> the "copy_local" flag from the default of "0" to "1" (usefull for DVDs, which
> are not in the drive all the time).
>
> Greetings,
>
> Stefan

Hi Stefan,

thanks a lot for the patch.

Something similar is possible without it, by adding a file:/// URL with
%(foo)s identifiers at the *top* of to the urllist setting in .oscrc
(the setting is not normally there, the below is copied from build.py):

# default list of download URLs, which will be tried in order
'urllist': [
# the normal repo server, redirecting to mirrors
'http://software.opensuse.org/download/%(project)s/%(repository)s/%(arch)s/%(filename)s',
# direct access to "full" tree
'http://api.opensuse.org/rpm/%(project)s/%(repository)s/_repository/%(buildarch)s/%(name)s',
]

However, contrary to your patch, the packages are always copied to the
local cache dir on disk.

I just wanted to mention this, because it might also be useful for
someone.

Regarding your patch, I would prefer if we could integrate it in a way
such that copy_local=1 behaviour is the default, and it can be changed
through configuration (instead of editing the script) -- so that people
who take the inconveniency of having the DVD inserved can switch the
behaviour, but it will work in a simple and reliable way for all others.

Could you please change the patch in that way? That'd be great.

> PS: I wanted to put this into bugzilla, but there was no Buildservice
> component ...

The buildservice component is in bugzilla's opensuse product.

Thanks,
Peter
--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH Bug, bogey, bugbear, bugaboo:
Research & Development A malevolent monster (not true?);
From: Chris Young (The Omnificent English Dictionary In Limerick Form)
  • No further messages