Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Proposal for project in root namespace: GNOME:*
  • From: Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:39:42 +0200
Adrian Schröter wrote:

> Hm, that would mean when there is a stable Gnome 2.18 all people needs to
> change their repository URLs ?

Yes. Exactly this was my intention.

After GNOME 2.x 2.x+2 update, desktop often needs small reconfiguration
and some things may even disappear.

Imagine that you are using 2.x and you will get 2.x+2 overnight. Your
desktop is now different, needs some work to adjust it, and may be even
less stable. And what is worse, there is no way to undo this change.

That's a reason, why I would like to see stable versions in form
GNOME2xx. When GNOME 2.x+2 appears, we can let 2.x repository silently
die in few weeks or months (i. e. stop updating and building).

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer