Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Proposal for project in root namespace: GNOME:*
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:17:02 +0200
Am Friday 15 September 2006 15:31 schrieb Stanislav Brabec:
> Hallo Build Service maintainers.
>
> We are just discussing on creating of Build Service projects for GNOME.
>
> Possible structure is:
>
> GNOME:GNOME-UNSTABLE
> GNOME:GNOME216

Hm, that would mean when there is a stable Gnome 2.18 all people needs to
change their repository URLs ?

We do not want to host two stable releases by default, if they are backward
compatible, so that would mean that you remove 216 and add 218 at some point
of time.

IMHO this is not a good idea, I would stick with a :STABLE and :UNSTABLE

> GNOME:EXTRAS
>
> Maybe there will be more projects or the final structure will be
> different.
>
> Please comment suggested letter case and use "-" or "_" - whether to use
> GNOME:216, GNOME:GNOME216, GNOME:Gnome216, GNOME:GNOME-2.16 or
> GNOME:GNOME_2_16 to conform naming scheme of other projects in the Build
> Service.

We just had KDE:KDE3 and KDE:KDE4 yet (because they are incompatible and are
installable in parallel). So when you want to copy this style you would get

GNOME:GONME2
GNOME:UNSTABLE

bye
adrian