Re: [opensuse-buildservice] complementary project name in BS
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <mrueckert@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:08:05 +0200
On 2006-09-06 08:42:25 +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
> Am Tuesday 05 September 2006 15:27 schrieb Pavel Nemec:
> > Hi,
> > i have little question about projects in BS we (i and bwalle) thought about
> > adding some utility package for xfce, which are not part of official xfce
> > releases. We hesitate about creating new projects like
> > X11:xfce-complementary or X11:small-xfce-desktop it is some default way how
> > to bind such projects together, or just create another project in BS?
> > Which will be best naming scheme then?
>
> IMHO a logic naming scheme would be
>
> X11:XFCE:Core
> X11:XFCE:Complementary
>
> But it is only an internal identifier in the end, the user will get more
> clever tools to find it.

on irc pavel stated that the tools are not bound to XFCE. epdfviewer
e.g.

i would vote for X11:utilities or X11:viewers.

if a package is kinda bound to xfce (due lib dependencies) i would vote
for put it directly into the X11:xfce project

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
openSUSE is good for you