Re: [opensuse-buildservice] complementary project name in BS
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 09:06:05 +0200
Am Wednesday 06 September 2006 09:00 schrieb Pavel Nemec:
> Dne Wednesday 06 September 2006 08:42 Adrian Schröter napsal(a):
> > Hi Pavel,
> >
> > Am Tuesday 05 September 2006 15:27 schrieb Pavel Nemec:
> > > Hi,
> > > i have little question about projects in BS we (i and bwalle) thought
> > > about adding some utility package for xfce, which are not part of
> > > official xfce releases. We hesitate about creating new projects like
> > > X11:xfce-complementary or X11:small-xfce-desktop it is some default way
> > > how to bind such projects together, or just create another project in
> > > BS? Which will be best naming scheme then?
> >
> > IMHO a logic naming scheme would be
> >
> > X11:XFCE:Core
> > X11:XFCE:Complementary
> >
> > But it is only an internal identifier in the end, the user will get more
> > clever tools to find it.
> >
> > bye
> > adrian
>
> This is great, will it be subproject of X11:xfce or new project?

All what you define by this is the ID and the place on the ftp server. But
nothing else, when you want to build against latest XFCE packages from your
other project you have to define it when you configure your repositories. Do
not build against "SL 10.1/standard" but against "X11:XFCE/SL-10.1" for
example.

> BTW xfce project have name X11:xfce i am not sure if i should rename it to
> X11:XFCE is there any reason i do not know about?

I would not rename it.

bye
adrian