Re: [opensuse-buildservice] building rpm/deb together
  • From: Thomas Anders <thomas.anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 12:06:53 +0200
Michael Schroeder wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 10:41:54AM +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
>>> - Will the build service be smart enough to only trigger a rebuild of
>>> Debian packages if the .dsc/.orig.tar.gz files change and only trigger
>>> a rebuild of RPM package generation if the .spec/.tar.bz2 files change?
>> It is.
>
> It's not. It just looks at any source change.

Are there any plans to improve this? It'd certainly prevent wasting
valuable build server resources too much.

Another way to avoid unnecessary rebuilds may be to allow users to
toggle the "automatic rebuild on any source change" feature. It'd allow
me to work on improving behaviour on specific platform(s) while manually
triggering rebuilds on particular platform(s) (using the approach
discussed here recently). When I'm done, I'd probably enable the
convenient "automatic rebuild on any source change" feature again.

+Thomas