Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Search packages on build service
  • From: Richard Bos <radoeka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:17:49 +0200
Op zondag 20 augustus 2006 08:26, schreef Adrian Schröter:
> This WIP already. The last upgrade of the build service got already an
> (internal) mysql database, which allows now to search via indexed data.

What is a WIP?

> We just have to extend the Web frontend for it (Andreas will do after his
> vacation).

What I (and I think many others) would really appreciate is file that provides
information, about which file is provided by which package/repository. So in
case a build error results; "file1234-xyz is needed" a simple grep in that
file would reveal which package provides the file and with that information
the right repository can be looked up. Or another example is to look up,
which pkg provides a certain executable (all in all it is of course similar
to "pin (ARCHIVES.gz)", but than in realtime for the build repository server.
For examples see:
http://ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/AptContents.SuSE-* files

As an example, just grep for bin/firefox this results in:
# zgrep bin/firefox Contents-i386.gz | sort -u
opt/kde3/bin/firefoxqs Productivity_Networking_Web_Browsers/firefoxqs
usr/bin/firefox Productivity_Networking_Web_Browsers/MozillaFirefox
usr/lib/debug/opt/kde3/bin/firefoxqs.debug
Development_Debug/firefoxqs-debuginfo

So pkg MozillaFirefox is to be installed to obtain firefox. This is an easy
one, but there are more difficult situaties to imagine.

Or which package/repository provide bin/basket? The package seems to be
basket and the repository seems to be: KDE:/Playground/SUSE_Linux_10., but
how to determine this information is unknown to me.

The nicest thing would be to create the Contents.gz file right after the build
finished for a certain package, but if that is not possible to run the task
from cron. The Contents.gz file could be nothing more than the output of:
# rpm -ql <pkg> | sed 's/^/<pkg> /'
for all packages on the build server. It will be a big file indeed, but very
useful in the end!

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless