Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Release number
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:30:00 +0200
Am Thursday 17 August 2006 11:08 schrieb Dmitry Mishin:
> > AFAIK, Mandriva uses a macro called %mkrel, which instructs their build
> > server to auto create the release number.
> >
> > Release: %mkrel
> >
> > If the packager doesn't want this to be automatic, then he can force the
> > number in one of the two ways:
> >
> > Release: %mkrel 1
> > or
> > Release: 1
>
> Do you plan to implement something like this?
>
> I have an issue with OpenVZ suse kernels because of the auto release
> assign. kernel-source packages have different from binary packages release
> number. This follows in nightmare while building unsupported modules over
> this kernels because of the wrong symlinks.

This is an open topic to be discussed atm.

In general I do see two possibilities:

1. declare such dependencies to %release as illegal. Because a rebuild does
not make a package (kernel) incompatibel.

2. support release number copies via build service links.

I am atm in favour of solution 1., but our kernel people needs to agree ...

bye
adrian