Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Release number
  • From: Dmitry Mishin <dim@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:08:12 +0400
> AFAIK, Mandriva uses a macro called %mkrel, which instructs their build
> server to auto create the release number.
>
> Release: %mkrel
>
> If the packager doesn't want this to be automatic, then he can force the
> number in one of the two ways:
>
> Release: %mkrel 1
> or
> Release: 1
Do you plan to implement something like this?

I have an issue with OpenVZ suse kernels because of the auto release assign.
kernel-source packages have different from binary packages release number.
This follows in nightmare while building unsupported modules over this
kernels because of the wrong symlinks.

--
Thanks,
Dmitry.