[opensuse-buildservice] Unneeded build loop
  • From: "Mauricio Teixeira (netmask)" <netmask@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 07:00:27 -0300
Hi!

Yesterday I was experiencing some problems with the build service. I
don't know if it was really slow, or it was a connection problem from my
part.

The fact is that I submitted the spec files many times, and triggered a
rebuild on each upload, which, let's say, created 5 build requests.
Today I woke up and found out that the build service is still trying to
build my packages, after my erroneous 5 triggers.

The question is: I think there is no need to schedule a rebuild if you
already scheduled one before. IMHO, the second rebuild request should
either (a) override the first one or (b) be dropped until the first one
is finished. I vote for (a), since people make mistakes and it's very
probable that the second request is the right one.

I guess that way we would spare some building time on the service.

WDYT?

--
% Mauricio Teixeira (netmask)
% mteixeira{a}webset{d}net <> Maceio/AL/BR