Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Xgl + Xinerama for Xorg 7 and Buildrequire problem
  • From: "Jigish Gohil" <jigish.gohil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 13:44:03 +0530
On 8/8/06, Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 11:40:13AM +0530, Jigish Gohil wrote:
> I am trying to build Xgl with Xinerama patch.

Sounds interesting. Which kind of setup (hardware, driver,
mergedfb/traditional Xinerama, resolution) are you using?

Here http://api.opensuse.org/source/Compiz-Quinn/Xgl/xgl-xinerama.patch
is the patch that is applied, actually I do not have hardware that can
work with xinerama, but many users at www.compiz.net are now using
xinerama enabled Xgl and compiz. You would also need compiz-quinn
instead of vanilla compiz to use xinerama.

BTW, since X.Org 7 has been integrated into Factory, there's no need
in building packages for xorg7/SUSE_Factory any more.

Does that mean I just apply changes you have made to your Xgl spec
file and carry on building for Factory as before and have it built for
Xorg7?

Thanks

Jigish