Re: [opensuse-buildservice] state of http://software.opensuse.org/download/KDE:/KDE3/[SUSE_Linux_9.3]
  • From: Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:34:44 +0200
On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 11:12:19AM +0200, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Could you point me to this message, please? The only note I found
> concerning this topic, was his answer from 2006/07/26 15:20 to
> Re: [opensuse] KDE:/KDE3/SUSE_Linux_10.1 unsigned repomd.xml
> on the opensuse list, where he admitted the mess and committed to
> restore to a former state, which hasn't been done since then.

Yes, I meant this mail. I thought it also went to opensuse-buildservice,
but that wasn't the case. And maybe it lacked a bit of detail.

I don't know the current state of the KDE mess, I hope Adrian writes
another mail.

> > It seems like this getting back of the old versions could not
> > be done completely (as your mail implies). I don't think anything
> > can be done about it right know, we're all waiting for the KDE
> > maintainers to give their go.
>
> If this cannot be done, please explain the reasons in order to let me
> *) estimate the danger from such problems in future
> *) plan local arrangements to prevent them affecting my setups

I don't think there is danger of haveing this problem again. It
happened because the buildservice didn't support a way of turning
off the repository syncing. Thus the syncing was stopped by a quick
hack, a local change on the buildservice host. This change got
lost when we updated to a newer version release. Bad luck...

We're now adding a way to turn of syncing in the project configuration,
so this can't happen anymore.

Cheers,
Michael.

--