Re: [opensuse-buildservice] state of http://software.opensuse.org/download/KDE:/KDE3/[SUSE_Linux_9.3]
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 11:12:19 +0200
Am Sonntag, 30. Juli 2006 01:31 schrieb Michael Schroeder:
> On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 01:25:43AM +0200, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> > Now I'm desperately fighting with designer crashing way too often,
> > up to the point where I decided to rebuild qt3-3.3.6-151.1 in order
> > to get to the debuginfo packages. But no hope, no src package
> > available.
> >
> > Adrian, while the build service concept is sound, and I understand,
> > that there's no warranty in any aspect, but KDE: is a big mess,
> > which needs urgent fixing. I'm sure, I'm not the only one, who
> > relies on it.
> >
> > Getting ignored with notifying issues doesn't raise confidence
> > either.
>
> You aren't getting ignored. The problem is that the KDE project
> maintainers are just preparing a new version and thus repository
> syncing is turned off. By mistake it was on for a short time
> last week, so it was decided to remove the packages from the
> repo and fetch the old version from the mirrors. Adrian sent
> a mail explaining this to this mailing list.

Could you point me to this message, please? The only note I found
concerning this topic, was his answer from 2006/07/26 15:20 to
Re: [opensuse] KDE:/KDE3/SUSE_Linux_10.1 unsigned repomd.xml
on the opensuse list, where he admitted the mess and committed to
restore to a former state, which hasn't been done since then.

> It seems like this getting back of the old versions could not
> be done completely (as your mail implies). I don't think anything
> can be done about it right know, we're all waiting for the KDE
> maintainers to give their go.

If this cannot be done, please explain the reasons in order to let me
*) estimate the danger from such problems in future
*) plan local arrangements to prevent them affecting my setups

Meanwhile, could somebody point me to or send me __privately__ a copy
of: qt3-3.3.6-151.1.src.rpm.

Thanks in advance,
Pete