Re: [opensuse-buildservice] state of http://software.opensuse.org/download/KDE:/KDE3/[SUSE_Linux_9.3]
  • From: Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 01:31:49 +0200
On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 01:25:43AM +0200, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Now I'm desperately fighting with designer crashing way too often, up to
> the point where I decided to rebuild qt3-3.3.6-151.1 in order to get to
> the debuginfo packages. But no hope, no src package available.
>
> Adrian, while the build service concept is sound, and I understand, that
> there's no warranty in any aspect, but KDE: is a big mess, which needs
> urgent fixing. I'm sure, I'm not the only one, who relies on it.
>
> Getting ignored with notifying issues doesn't raise confidence either.

You aren't getting ignored. The problem is that the KDE project
maintainers are just preparing a new version and thus repository
syncing is turned off. By mistake it was on for a short time
last week, so it was decided to remove the packages from the
repo and fetch the old version from the mirrors. Adrian sent
a mail explaining this to this mailing list.
It seems like this getting back of the old versions could not
be done completely (as your mail implies). I don't think anything
can be done about it right know, we're all waiting for the KDE
maintainers to give their go.

Sorry,
Michael.

--