Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build Repositories and package lists?
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 14:46:39 +0200
On Jul 22, 06 22:54:17 +0200, Christian Boltz wrote:
> Am Freitag, 21. Juli 2006 17:15 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
> > Am Friday 21 July 2006 14:50 schrieb Matthias Hopf:
> > > is there a way to get a package list of a Build Repository?
> > >
> > > I want to build something using qt-devel, but that package does not
> > > exist in Mandriva, Fedora, Debian - I would need to know the
> > > package list, so I can find out that e.g. qt3-devel is available.
>
> ... and then tell the result to the build service team so that they can
> add the mapping ;-)

Well... I don't really think this is easily acchievable - I actually
only wanted to take a look and use my intuition to find a matchin paket
:-P
But maybe...

> > But an effective server side search will be possible, after Andreas
> > had finished his database engine.
> Sounds good.

Yep!

BTW - should questions about missing macros and docs go to this mailing
list also, or rather to opensuse@?

> I'd propose to include the Provides: from every package also - it
> can be very helpful to find the needed package (and a Requires: that
> works everywhere).

Should actually be easy to extract from the rpms.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx> __ __ __
Phone +49-911-74053-715 __) |_| __) |__ labs www.mshopf.de