[opensuse-buildservice] Preference for php5-* and other expansion errors
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 16:01:46 +0200
Hello,

I'm doing some experiments with a QA package for Fontlinge:
http://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=fontlinge-QA&project=home%3Acboltz
(its main reason is to check if the perl modules are in @INC)

Unfortunately, I had to add some php5-* BuildRequires to work around
"multiple choice" expansion errors in SUSE 9.3 and 10.0 (which shipped
with PHP4 and PHP5).

The requirements I'd like to use are those from the Fontlinge package:
mod_php_any php-mysql php-gd (without PHP version specified).

Can you add a "prefer" for php5-* in the global configuration of
SUSE 9.3 and 10.0, please?

Even more bad luck: I get several expansion errors for Fedora 4 and 5 as
well as Mandriva :-(

Fedora 4/5 doesn't offer
- mod_php_any, one of the Fontlinge requirements - this probably has
another name/provide there, but which one?
- php5-mysql and php5-gd which I used for the workaround above - not
really a problem since I will remove this after the problem with SUSE
9.3/10.0 has been fixed

Mandriva misses more packages/provides:
- perl-PerlMagick, perl-Msql-Mysql-modules, perl-TermReadKey - different
names?
- httpd, mod_php_any - probably available with a different name, which
one?
- apache2-mod_php5 (because of the workaround from above, also not a
real problem)

Should I use different Requires: or do you have another idea to solve
this problem?

I also have a strange requirement on Mandriva: pear(config.inc.php)
Where does this requirement come from? [1] Fontlinge don't use any pear
script - how can I remove this requirement? Is there something like
NotRequired: I could place in the Specfile? ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] a wild guess: the PHP files include() it, but it is generated at
user installation (aka "not part of the RPM"). Could this be the
reason?
--
Das soll jetzt wirklich keine Arroganz sein, aber es macht keinen Sinn,
das Haus abzureissen, weil du den Hausschl├╝ssel vergessen hast. :-)