[opensuse-buildservice] Release number
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:29:53 +0200
Hello,

a miror question about / problem with the Release: number:

In the specfile, I have to set a release number:
Release: 42
(If I don't, rpm complains and the build fails.)

The build service edits this number when building the package and sets
it to 1.42 then 2.42 then 3.42 etc.
This makes the release number in the specfile quite useless because it's
only on the second position.

The behaviour can also cause problems when someone imports a package to
the build service.

Say I have released a manually built foobar-1.0-42 package, then move to
the build service and do some small changes without changing the
version number. The build service will compile a foobar-1.0-1.42
package which looks "older" to RPM :-(

Are there any plans to change the behaviour regarding the release
number?

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Was hat ein Revolver mit Windows 98 gemeinsam?
Solange sie nicht geladen sind, sind sie harmlos.