Re: [opensuse-buildservice] KDE:/Backports/SUSE_Linux_9.3: some problems
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 14:34:24 +0200
Hi Robert,

Am Samstag, 17. Juni 2006 14:09 schrieb Robert Schiele:
> On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 12:42:03PM +0200, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> > First a general question: why don't the buildservice packages carry
> > a packager? Well, yes, they're build by some scripts, but someone
> > triggers that, e.g. by modifying the spec file. That one would be
> > the one to put in. Is this unwanted for some reason or simply not
> > yet tackled?
>
> Who would be the packager if _I_ submitted a package and _you_ did a
> change to it?

Both? Kidding - I've no good idea. That's why Adrian omited it in the
first place, I guess..

> > 2) file /usr/bin/callgrind_annotate from install of
> > valgrind-3.2.0-11.2 conflicts with file from package
> > kdesdk3-profile-3.4.0-7 file /usr/bin/callgrind_control from
> > install of valgrind-3.2.0-11.2 conflicts with file from package
> > kdesdk3-profile-3.4.0-7 file /usr/include/valgrind/callgrind.h from
> > install of
> > valgrind-3.2.0-11.2 conflicts with file from package
> > kdesdk3-devel-3.4.0-7
> >
> > Well, this is easily solvable manually by deleting the local
> > kdesdk3-{profile,devel} packages, but at least a Conflicts: and
> > probably a Obsoletes: entry in valgrind.spec would be much more
> > convenient, don't they?
>
> That would be wrong. valgrind does neither conflict with nor obsolete
> kdesdk3-profile. It is just that the files you mentioned moved from
> kdesdk3-profile to valgrind thus you should just upgrade both
> packages.

At least on
ftp://ftp4.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/KDE:/Backports/SUSE_Linux_9.3/
there's no such package. Sure, I could adjust the originally
distributed one by removing valgrind in there, but that defeats the
purpose of this repo, or do I miss something fundamentally here?

Pete