Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Namespaces
  • From: Christoph Thiel <cthiel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 09:13:04 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Marcus Rueckert wrote:

> i wonder if we just should force
>
> ns/project/package
>
> and stuff all projects without an explicit namespace into "unsorted" or
> something like that. then we wouldnt need some special namespace marker

If I'm understanding you correctly, you are proposing to push all packages
into "unsorted", as long as they don't belong to a namespace? So, with
that, the only way to access $package would be to access unsorted or the
corresponding namespace from $package_manager? If that's the case, I'd
strongly disagree with this proposal. Without a proper trust model in
place, this would make it virtually impossible to choose $packager (or
$group_of_packagers) you like to trust.

Regards
Christoph