Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Namespaces
  • From: Richard Bos <radoeka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 10:30:25 +0200
Op maandag 5 juni 2006 10:16, schreef Peter Nixon:
> > I already created a project titled "telephony" a few weeks ago, but would
> > be happy to rename it to the server: namespace. (Clients are for wimps!)
> > I think that Telephony is probably a better name than VoIP, but I am
> > willing to go with consensus here...
>
> So, do these namespaces need to be specially created or can I do it from
> the web interface? If someone can create either server:voip or
> server:telephony and give me access to it I would be happy to move some
> packages over there.

Is a column in the name desired? I read that rsync does not like it, see:

<quote>
That said, from the looks of it, putting a colon in a file path seems to trip
up rsync somehow (unless I did not yet find a solution). The gwdg rsync
server keeps maintaining the position that the service is unavailable as soon
as I want to retreive files from the new KDE: repository on their OpenSUSE
mirror... :-(
update --- OK, Not killed. But by moving it to a new structure they broke my
stuff. Bad. Thanks for lurchi pointing out that the colon can be replaced by
a '?'-wildcard to make rsyncing work again...
</quote>
http://braincore.blogspot.com/2006/06/wtf-pee-ooh-d.html

Well, it doesn't make things easier. Why not just use a "_" e.g.?

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless