[opensuse-buildservice] builderror in the buildserver for apt client
  • From: Richard Bos <radoeka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 16:34:02 +0200
question about a builderror in buildserver for the apt client. The package
builds fine on my home system, but the buildserver configure script fails
with:
checking for RPM libraries... -lrpm -lrpmdb -lrpmio -lz -lbz2 -lpopt
./configure: line 21210: syntax error near unexpected token
`LIBXML2,libxml-2.0'
./configure: line 21210: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(LIBXML2,libxml-2.0 >= 2.4)'

The pkgconfig libxml2 file is deliverd by:
> rpm -qf /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libxml-2.0.pc
libxml2-devel-2.6.23-14

Which is added as a buildrequired to the specfile. What am I missing that the
buildserver fails to build this package?

PS: is the suse specfile hint "# usedforbuild" still used during the build, or
should it all be put in the Buildrequires specfile directive?

Build log at:
http://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log?package=apt&arch=i586&project=home%3Arbos&repository=standard

Project page at:
http://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=apt&project=home%3Arbos