Re: BS provides no benefit for me
  • From: Peter Nixon <listuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 21:52:42 +0300
On Mon 29 May 2006 17:29, Pascal Bleser wrote:
> Peter Nixon wrote:
> > --snip--
> >
> >> What would make the BS more compelling to me would be to have a ppc
> >> build target (and providing what I'm missing, above ;)).
> >
> > I also would be interested in this.
> >
> > I would also like the possibility to turn different build targets on/off
> > per package.
>
> That should be supported with the "ExclusiveArch" and/or "ExcludeArch"
> tags in spec files, e.g.:
> ExclusiveArch: %ix86 x86_64
> ExcludeArch: ppc ppc64
>
> See
> http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/s1-rpm-specref-preamble.html#S3-RPM-SPECREF-EXCL
>USIVEARCH
> http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/s1-rpm-specref-preamble.html#S3-RPM-SPECREF-EXCL
>UDEARCH
>
> I don't know whether that's currently supported by the BS though.

I just tested it, and got the error message (during the build):

"error: Architecture is not included: x86_64"

I think it would be a good idea for that to be checked before trying to build
so that the package would show as "disabled" or something similar instead of
"Failed".

In any case "ExclusiveArch" and/or "ExcludeArch" solves only the architecture
issue, but doesn't allow you to for example say "Don't build this package for
SUSE 9.3"...

I do know about "%if %suse_version > 0" and "%if %sles_version > 0" however
these will still attempt to build and then show as failed, and wrapping the
whole spec file in an if statement seems a fairly hackish way to solve the
issue.

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/