Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Dependency question
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <mrueckert@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 17:48:03 +0200
On 2006-05-29 17:03:23 +0300, Peter Nixon wrote:
> I am building a bunch of packages at present (sipxpbx) which have a convoluted
> set of dependencies. As it turns out all of the dependencies are provided by
> SUSE 10.1, some are missing in 10.0 and many more are missing in 9.3
>
> For example, one set of dependencies is "ruby, rubygems, rake".
>
> Now, given that these are all provided by SUSE 10.1, how can I provide these
> packages to SUSE 10.0 and 9.3 users? I could of course take the source rpms
> from 10.1, and add them to my project, but that then means to I am providing
> a package for 10.1 which already exists..
>
> At a minimum I would like a way to enable/disable build targets per package,
> which would make this solution workable.
>
> A more preferable solution (although one that may require a bit more work)
> would be the ability to link a SUSE 10.1 package into my project which should
> then be transparently built for my other build targets if they don't provide
> it.

we have a ruby project. and this ruby project has all needed packages.
if those packages are pure ruby you can maybe maintain the packages in
the ruby project aswell. otherwise you can just link the needed packages
from the ruby project into your project.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
openSUSE is good for you