Re: [opensuse-buildservice] BS provides no benefit for me
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <mrueckert@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 17:46:08 +0200
On 2006-05-29 16:25:10 +0200, Pascal Bleser wrote:
> Just to say that those preconfigured channels are part of its
> acceptance: just install my smart RPM (and rpm-python), "smart update"
> and it works, including for packman and guru, which almost everyone
> asks for anyway (for mp3, video codecs, latest amarok, latest gimp,
> etc...) as well as supplementary KDE, latest wine packages (build by
> Marcus Meissner), latest mozilla.org packages.
> Note that those 3 are disabled by default, but can be enabled very easily:
> smart channel --enable suse-kde
> smart channel --enable suse-mozilla
> smart channel --enable suse-wine

i would like to mention that i hate the current behavior of smart. it
bothers me to enable all kind of channels once i install your rpm and
start it for the first time. if we even think of doing such "smart
source" package we should fix that behavior first. taking into account
the number of projects we already have. and this number will grow

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
openSUSE is good for you