BS status and rebuild ...
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 11:39:56 +0200

Hi,

we do support now the new ftp directory layout for the repositories.
The packages and repositories do get signed with a new openSUSE build service
key.
The bug not to remove all subpackages got fixed as well.

What does this mean ?
We are ready to get synced from our mirrors and that means we can really
provide usefull rpms now with the build service :)

I will trigger soon a complete rebuild to have only signed rpms and the new
directory layout everwhere. This is hopefully the last complete rebuild we
will ever need, because our basic configuration for the repositories should
be final now.

Do not wonder, when your rpms in software/repos.opensuse.org do disappear, it
is because of the rebuild.

Next steps:
* get mirrors (I will write a mail to our mirror admins).
* stop classic ftp.suse.com supplementary and project updates and get the
SUSE packagers on the openSUSE build service
* support export of debian packages
* rename Fedora, Mandriva and Debian distros to use the namespaces as well
(Fedora:4 instead of FC4 for example).
* add SUSE Linux 9.3 and SLES 9 targets
* add Ubuntu target.

bye