Re: Strange problem
  • From: Peter Nixon <listuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 13:33:36 +0300
On Fri 12 May 2006 12:56, Michael Schroeder wrote:
> On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 10:23:07AM +0300, Peter Nixon wrote:
> > Hi Guys
> >
> > I am attempting to rebuild the Postgresql package from Factory on SUSE
> > 10.0 at:
> >
> > http://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=postgresql&project=home%3A
> >peternixon
> >
> > I am getting the build error:
> >
> > error: File /usr/src/packages/SOURCES/postgresql-fpic.patch: No such file
> > or directory
> >
> > However that file is most definitely in the list of "Files". Am I going
> > insane or is there a problem here?
>
> Tricky. The build failure you see is when only part of the sources
> was uploaded:
>
> postgresql-8.1.3.tar.bz2
> postgresql-bashprofile
> postgresql-conf.patch
> postgresql-dbase.patch
> postgresql.spec
>
> As you can see there was no postgresql-fpic.patch.

Yeah. I had figured that part out myself, but could not figure out why it
wouldn't try to build again.

> Now the build is not working because there are two specfiles with
> both start with the name "postgresql". I have changed the code so that
> it checks for a direct match before looking at prefix matches.

ok. Thanks. The second spec file is in the source rpm in Factory... Exactly
what it's purpose is I haven't yet checked, as I just uploaded all the files
exactly as they were.

# rpm -qlp postgresql-8.1.3-12.src.rpm
postgresql-8.1.3.tar.bz2
postgresql-README.SuSE.de