Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-bugs (3383 mails)
|< Previous||Next >|
[Bug 743956] radeon [R350] When focusing effects are included in the KDE4 desktop appear slow and artifacts when drawing windowsraw
- From: bugzilla_noreply@xxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 17:06:44 +0000
- Message-id: <20120218170644.494D8CC7D0@soval.provo.novell.com>
--- Comment #8 from Igor Strelnikoff <freiheits@xxxxxxx> 2012-02-18 17:06:42
(In reply to comment #3)
I think I have the same or a closely related problem under Gnome 3.2 (using
Gnome Shell, not the fallback mode) and KDE 4.x on a Laptop with a ATI
FireGL T2 card (RV350 chip), using the kernel radeon driver (tested on
and vanilla kernels up to 3.2.4):
Whenever I open a menu in an application, the menu window is first filled with
garbage before the real menu contents are drawn. Some things I noted:
- The "garbage" is not completely random, but always uses the same colors as
the menu. This indicates that memory positions are computed incorrectly when
copying the window contents from one buffer to another.
- For most menus, this happens only when the menu is opened for the first
afterward, the menu appears immediately. After closing the menu and doing
other things for some time, the problem occurs again. This indicates that
drawing a window works as long as the contents of the menu window are cached
the graphics card, which could mean that the source of the bug is in the
transfer from system memory to graphics memory.
- Top-level windows, pop-up windows provided by Gnome Shell (for example, the
calendar window), and the window menus that are opened by right-clicking on
window title bar (which are supposedly drawn by the Mutter window manager) are
- As it occurs under KDE and Gnome (but not under non-compositing window
managers), the problem is probably either a bug in the kernel driver, in the X
server, or in one of the supporting libraries.
- The problem does not occur under Fedora 16. Since the Fedora kernel does
include any patches related to the radeon driver or memory management, this
makes it less likely that the problem is caused by a kernel bug.
I have absolutely the same, still as you say. Fedora 16 is not used, I am
constantly using opensuse. Tell me how to assemble the packages?!
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.novell.com/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.
|< Previous||Next >|