Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-bugs (4819 mails)
|< Previous||Next >|
[Bug 651822] New: xm snapshot-xxx scripts lead to an XP SP3 HVM domU to chkdsk
- From: bugzilla_noreply@xxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 21:37:54 +0000
- Message-id: <bug-651822-21960@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/>
Summary: xm snapshot-xxx scripts lead to an XP SP3 HVM domU to
Product: openSUSE 11.3
OS/Version: openSUSE 11.3
Priority: P5 - None
Found By: ---
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.7
(KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/7.0.517.41 Safari/534.7
Happens about 25-50% of the time for me.
Seems to happen more often if the snapshot is taken while domU disk io is high.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. dom0: xm start xpsp3 --vncviewer
2. domU: boots, start regedit and search for some random string
3. dom0: xm snapshot-delete xpsp3 snap1 && xm snapshot-create xpsp3 snap1
(while search is still running in domU)
4. domU: Shutdown regedit and windows after search completes
5. dom0: xm snapshot-apply xpsp3 snap1 && xm vncviewer xpsp3
6. domU: Shutdown regedit and windows after search completes
7. dom0: xm start xpsp3 --vncviewer
8. domU: boots and reports that a chkdsk is needed
Windows domU reports that a chkdsk is needed
Windows domU should boot without issue
Same xpsp3 qcow2 disk image on bug 642078 (i.e. no snapshots to start with)
Built and installed xen-devel, xen-tools, xen-libs, and xen-tools using
xen-4.0.1_01-84.1.src.rpm, with and without the patch for bug 64207, that
doesn't seem to matter.
So far after the chkdsk completes the guest is usable, but there shouldn't be
any corruption should there?
Observed that performing an extra iteration of step 3 between steps 5 and 6
i.e. after applying the snapshot, delete and recreate it before shutting
windows down, seems to prevent subsequent chkdsk problems.
Thinking that there may be some weird refCount issues in the qcow2 code, I
tried making sure the qcow2 file contains a second snapshot the whole time and
never deleting that. It didn't seem to help.
This could very well be a bug in QEMU's qcow2 code (or Xen's version), but
since I am hitting it via the xm snapshot-create/apply/delete scripts I am
reporting here first. Thanks.
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.novell.com/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.
|< Previous||Next >|