Re: [opensuse-boosters] Task tracking tools
Hi,

On 10/10/2011 05:25 PM, Thomas Schmidt wrote:

> @nanuk: You said you alredy checked some tools, could you please
> share your experiences?

Here are the notes I took while testing teambox (www.teambox.com):
Notes about my first tries with teambox

- First impression of usability and gui: looks ok
- Work is organized in projects, pages, tasks, comments in the first
place
- Projects are the big organizational unit
- Pages contain various information, files, discussion
- Tasks can be assigned to people
- Notifications via rss or Email when people are mentioned (@<name> in
a comment)
- User levels: Observer, Commenter, Participant, Admin - names are
self-explanatory
- No hierarchy regarding visibility of posts (e.g. no hidden discussion
of users with admin status)
- Users with edit rights can basically edit everything (e.g. central
info page that describes project goals)
- Limited privacy, e.g. no non-public discussion among admins within
the project (But messaging via email is possible). Probably not a
top priority feature anyway
- Facebook, Twitter, Google Docs are integrated, but I did not test
that yet
- User account needed to participate - subscription to projects
- Time tracking possible
- I also created a project where I tested some stuff which I could
show around

Ciao
Nanuk