[opensuse-boosters] Re: [membership-officials] New Membership Approval Process in Connect
Hello Mates,

Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote at Friday 17 June 2011:
Good News Everyone!

(the following text applies only to the Membership Approval Team)

As a part of our Boosters sprint we decided to make our Membership
Approval Process much easier and thus effective. You don't need to
use Retro.o.o anymore, everything happens directly inside of the
Connect \o/.

The whole process is now concentrated to the one webpage - which is
accessible from this short URL:

http://is.gd/newmembers

You see several rows, one for each applicant. On the left there is an
avatar, Accept and Decline buttons and validations link button. First
two buttons accept or decline the request, the last one shows popup
with all handy validation links to bugzilla, wiki and so on.

The middle part of each row is dedicated to contributions
descriptions that user filled in when applying through the
membership widget. If there were none given it says "No given
contributions."

Right area is voting area. You can put your reason into the reason
field and press Thumb up or Thumb down button. When you click on the
+N/-N number you can see already given comments (and you can also
delete yours). After you voted you no longer see Thumbs buttons so
you can't vote again. If you want to change your vote, just delete
your comment and give another one.

Hope this will help to optimise the process which was stalled mainly
because of its complexity.

Suggestions welcome, patches even more so[1] :-)

[1] http://gitorious.org/opensuse/connect

I like the new Process. You've done a great job. :-)
--
Sincerely Yours

Sascha Manns
open-slx Community & Support Agent