[opensuse-boosters] Re: [opensuse-marketing] ambassador program
  • From: Chuck Payne <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:20:48 -0400
On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Jos Poortvliet
<jospoortvliet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey marketing team,

Based on our IRC discussion yesterday a more extensive proposal,
connected to the mail I just send to the boosters with you in CC:

Our ambassadors are often local (many don't even speak English, or
barely); so what we do with/for them has to be translatable, easy to
read or in their hands. They often spend not a huge amount of time on
openSUSE; so what we do for/with them should not take much time. And the
fact they are ambassador gives them some credibility; so we should make
that clear.

Currently, we have an ambassador mailinglist. Some ambassadors are on
there; many are not (like most of the active people in Brazil or Greece
- despite those countries being among the most active for us, as far as
we know). They usually have a local mailinglist (not on openSUSE
infrastructure) which they use for planning and discussing.

First, I would like to propose to bring such mailinglists to openSUSE
infrastructure. That means - let ambassadors ask for a language/region
specific mailinglist. Not too many rules, if they feel they need one for
something, give it. But there should be one limitation: at least one or
two active people on that list should be on the international ambassador
mailinglist; and we need a one-way, moderated mailinglist to reach ALL
ambassador lists at once for things that concern everybody.

Second, let them create a localized ambassador team page on the wiki (or
on connect.opensuse.org, dunno what makes most sense). Actually, it'd be
great if they had an English page which is translated - so each team
(the Greek team, Brazil team etc) has a page on the wiki; and it is
translated in their language(s). They can have links there to the
mailinglist and the forum place they hang out, as well as their IRC
channel(s).

This will allow countries/regions to build their own team. Yet, due to
the requirement of having 1-2 ppl on the international list, we are
connected.

Now we need to make sure there is communication as much as possible. The
ambassadors should get the word out on what they do - that's what the
ambassador report stuff is for, which I mailed to the Boosters team. I
hope we can make that happen.

Cheers,
Jos

Jos,

Who is on the booster team. I like to join.

Pup

--
(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member