Re: [opensuse-boosters] Re: openSUSE christmas event?
  • From: Juergen Weigert <jw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 14:21:00 +0100
Ah, the coffee was missing.
I already wanted to suggest you need a spell checker. :-)

On Nov 16, 10 11:21:19 +0100, Klaas Freitag wrote:
Am Dienstag 16 November 2010, 11:11:31 schrieb Klaas Freitag:
Am Montag 15 November 2010, 17:50:56 schrieb Michael Loeffler:
Moin,

I'd be in favor of an openSUSE Christmas event and see as possible dates
Thursday December 8 or December 15.
If we do one we'd need to collect things we want to show and announce
it asap.
Rightz.
To make it clear: This is not the 'OPS-Week' we did last year where we tried
to maintain the internal culture a bit.
We talking a public event with local community - than I am fine.

One topic for a talk could be openFATE, I am feeling that the rest of
community does heardly have a glue what we want with that. We could try to
explain it there, I would volunteer.

openFATE improvements may be a nice announcement, but please no full-hour talk.

After having had a walk to the coffee machine and back, I think this is no
topic for XMas. XMas should be fun. We need a fun thing for that, why not
something with Gaming?

Yes, I agree, it should be about fun stuff. I'd offer something loosly
suse related: like fun with microcontrollers, gimp, video.
How about introducing a new version of the Gecko mascot,
e.g. in gingerbread form, or as Gummibaerchen, too?

Do you have some gaming topic in mind, like a huge multiplayer setup,
a compoetition or tournament?

cheers,
JW-

K.

Two other talks should tackle user topics I guess, maybe new FreeVO release
or something from Juergens workbench.

Other highlights:
- Henne wears his tiger trousers
- Old Toud and Spekulatius
- Our new tablets might be running openSUSE.

Other ideas?

Klaas

Letztes Jahr hatten wir vor der offiziellen Suse Weihnachtsfeier auf dem
Boot, noch 3 Tage lockeres Programm bei Kölbl und Kalb. Gibt
es das dieses Jahr wieder?
Ich hatte letztes Jahr einen Gimp-Einstieg gemacht. Dazu gibt es evtl.
eine
Fortsetzung. Oder vielleicht bunt blinkende Weihnachtssterne mit LEDs
und
Microcontroller. Oder ...

cheers,
JW-