[opensuse-boosters] Week report 2010#39
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 16:09:35 +0200
Hola,

What I did last week:
+ missed the team meeting :/ I was deep in release management mode...
+ released GNOME 2.32.0:
- handled the release upstream. Even though it was smaller than
usual (since a lot of changes were kept in branches for 3.0), it
took some time. I released something like 20-25 tarballs myself,
and pinged people to fix last-minute issues.
- helped integrate 2.32.0 in GNOME:Factory. We had 2.32.0 available
before the official release this way, and it was really useful for
me to find broken tarballs this way.
- created GNOME:STABLE:2.32 for people to go crazy and provide a
easy-to-use backport for 11.3.
+ handled a few security issues.
+ created a spec-cleaner package at the request of various people. I
need to blog about this tool, it's really handy.
+ filled performance review
+ updated GNOME patterns after discussion within the GNOME team
+ helped one upstream maintainer move to openSUSE. Yay! :-)

What I plan to do this week:
+ I thought I could take a break upstream, but the GNOME 3 work is
already urgent... So probably a bit of that.
+ think hard about talks: I have two talks next week at the JDLL, and
then two talks and a keynote the week after at the openSUSE
conference.
+ eat a big cake

Vincent

--