Re: [opensuse-boosters] openSUSE versioning scheme
  • From: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:10:09 +0200
Please continue discussion only here, on boosters ML, I put board to CC
so they could react there ...

On 06/16/2010 03:04 PM, Vincent Untz wrote:
+ consider that 11.3 is 3, and continue with 4, 5, 6, etc. The main
issue here is that's it somehow confusing for old-timers.

That will cause more confusion in stuff like %suse_version etc.

+ start from scratch with 1, but with a letter. Say we use G for Green,
the next release could be G1, then G2.

Hm, better, but still we would need to invent scheme for %suse_version

+ we can also try to use a versioning scheme based on dates, but we'd
be doing what Mandriva or Ubuntu are doing.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
openSUSE Boosters Team Lihovarska 1060/12
PGP 0xA6917144 19000 Praha 9
prusnak[at]opensuse.org Czech Republic