Re: [opensuse-wiki] Re: [opensuse-boosters] default skin on wiki.o.o
  • From: Thomas Schmidt <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 16:27:51 +0200
On 04/28/2010 01:16 PM, Jakub Steiner wrote:
On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 08:30 +0200, Robert Lihm wrote:

Well, my personal opinion as designer is, that it's better to go with
the fixed bento theme as default and provide the option to switch the
theme permanently to fluid.
Why I vote for fixed bento? In the fluid version, the line-lenght can
easily get to long. And I'm pretty sure, that normal users [1] ayes
freakout on such long lines. So it's usability issue.

Hi Robert!

Why not get the best of both worlds? Go with the fluid layout, which is
better for people with smaller screens, preventing the horizontal
scroll, but have a max-width (defined in ems) to prevent having
extremely long lines?

Lovely skin btw.

Something else Frank Sundermeyer found is, that the fluid skin does
not compress the blank space on the left and right of the content area
when making the window smaller.

Greetings

--
Thomas Schmidt (tom [at] opensuse.org)