[opensuse-boosters] openSUSE celebrates XMas
  • From: Klaas Freitag <freitag@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 10:56:55 +0100
Hi,

I am still very excited about the little public release party we
had last week. Following the slogan "From the Local to the Global"
I like to suggest that we do another event called "openSUSE
celebrates XMas" - target date december 16th where all boosters
are in Nuremberg. We invite people from Nueremberg and give talks,
answer questions etc.

Ideas:
- We care for very good _local_ press coverage to invite people
- We seek out for stakeholders like teachers on various levels
or LUGs in the area.
- We provide a schedule with a 20 Minute talk every hour beforehand
to be printed in the newspaper, event databases like Plärrer etc.
- The talks are _really_ basic like
* Free software, free culture, free content
* What's the real difference between Windows and Linux?
* GNOME for users
* KDE for users
* How can I do
- Multimedia Stuff
- Office
- Communication like Skype, ICQ with Linux
* Development - what is supported?
* your idea here.
- Givaways: CDs, maybe any kind of X-Mas-Present?
- Food/Beverages: The project is the interesting thing, thus low level
like some Lebkuchen and Glühwein

What do you think? Ideas, suggestions?

Klaas