Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] Prevent manual installation after interruption of autoyast
Hi Steffen,

thanks a lot. That sounds very useful.

Jochen

Steffen Winterfeldt 07/25/11 12:11 PM >>>
On Thu, 21 Jul 2011, Jochen Schaefer wrote:

I have two questions so far regarding AutoYaST with SLES11-SP1 initrd:
1. is it possible to stop an installation when somebody interrupts the
autoyast process by
pressing 'Abort' or similar things. We need to prevent users proceeding with
manual installation

You could use the setupcmd boot option which specifies the exact yast start
command. The default is setupcmd="setctsid `showconsole` inst_setup yast".
You could append something like "; halt -f" to it to shut the machine down
(for example) or add some script via dud or directly to the initrd to
execute after yast. Note that yast talks via /etc/yast.inf to linuxrc. You
might look there to decide if yast terminated normally or the user aborted.

2. how can I disable other tty's except the installation screen? I need to
prevent console
logins at a second console.
I didn't find /etc/inittab within the initrd of the installation medium.

noshell=1

Steffen

--
Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you.
(chimp Nim, using sign language)