RE: [opensuse-autoinstall] Specifying a local (i.e. on DVD) Add-On Repository in add_on_products.xml for SLES 11 SP1
What you can try is to do a manual installation (remove the autoyast=...)
parameter and try to add the add-on manually then. If that fails too, then
there is something wrong with the add-on. If you can add it manually, then
there is something wrong on the autoyast side.

I performed the manual installation like you had suggested. During the manual
installation, I did not see the error and I was able to install the 3rd Party
RPMs that I had included.

If it's an autoyast issue, you can try to move the add-on from DVD to a USB
stick, just for testing, and use usb://.... then for the add-on URL. So we
know
if it's an issue with the cd:/// url

I copied the contents of cd:///updates to a usb so that it would be located at
usb:///updates. I altered the add_on_products.xml file so that the URL
specified was "usb:///updates" instead of "relurl:///updates". I then
attempted an automated installation using my existing autoinstall.xml file, I
received a message similar to what I had originally seen--it said "Unable to
add product usb:///updates".

-Jason

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please
immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether in electronic or hard copy format.