Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] Remastering
  • From: Erico Mendonça <erico.mendonca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 12:02:09 -0300
On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Uwe Gansert <ug@xxxxxxx> wrote:
on Thursday 07 October 2010 Erico Mendonça wrote:

I have an autoyast-based installation that will soon be going over 4.7GB.
What is the easiest way to remaster it into multiple CDs/DVDs? It's
 SLE-based.

I'm afraid there is no easy way for that.
At least I never did that or heared of that yet.
We have the yast2 product-creator but AFAIK that can only create one media
sources.

Why is your media so huge? Can't you put the add-on (if there are any) on
another media?

Mostly customer-generated data (application-specific) in RPMs. Their
RPMs are already in a separate repo, so it should be a matter of
putting them into another media. For now they're being included in the
same media (repos as directories on the DVD).

My main concern is with the OS itself, as it may be necessary to
install it on systems that only have CD drives. And I couldn't find CD
images for the version I'm using (just DVD images). I could use
network repos, but that will take some convincing, as the available
links can be quite slow for that.

Any suggestions?

-- Erico