[opensuse-autoinstall] Migration 11.1 to 11.2 - how to migrate autoyast.xml and KDE
  • From: Ivan De Masi <it-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 12:20:10 +0100
Hello,

I doing some tests for preparing a migraton from openSUSE 11.1 to 11.2.
One of the main problems is, that in 11.2 "KDE 3" isn't available any
more. My autoyast.xml contains some applications like "kde3_basis" for
example, that doesn't exist any more.
Is there a way to migrate this xml-file in a way that i get a *exact*
autoyast.xml with all the KDE4 applications I had installed as before
with KDE3?

Another problem is that with "KDE 4" all the KDE3-user settings in /home
and files, links etc. on the desktop are ignored.
So I have to do a complete desktop migration from "KDE 3" to "KDE 4" (or
Dolphin?) for each user. Has someone experience with this or a good howto?

Thanks!

Regards,
Ivan

--