Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] Merging Patterns in openSUSE 11.2 ?
  • From: Werner Hack <werner.hack@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:12:48 +0100
Hi all,

I managed to solve this problem for me.
In all my profiles I arranged the sections as below

<software>
<patterns>
<packages>
<remove-packages>
</software>

I noticed that in autoyast this order was rearranged after
the import of my first profile.
In the file 'base_profile.xml' generated by the merging process in
autoyast the three sections were listed now in this order

<software>
<packages>
<patterns>
<remove-packages>
</software>

Packages has now moved to first position.

As Frank Steiner wrote in a similar post the section order
in your profiles is important for merging !!!
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-autoinstall/2009-07/msg00043.html

I rearranged the sections in my profiles now according to this
and it works fine for me.
Thanks Frank for your hint :)

Maybe this workaround helps other in merging their own patterns
into autoyast :)

Regards,
Werner Hack