Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] HP-UX DHCP and SLES bootp/nfs server co-existance
  • From: Simon Loewenthal/NL/Tele2 <simon.loewenthal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:45:13 +0100
Hi,

I think that the bootptab is the wrong file and I ought to have looked
into the /etc/dhcptab on HP-UX 11.23. This has more useful information
and may explain why the client was being passed the wrong .efi file.

I have prepared this new entry, but am unsure what the class-id ought to
be set to. Its is currently : class-id="PXEClient:Arch:00002":\
Does any one know which class-ids should be used for Linux/SLES?

dhcp_pool_group:\
re:\
pool-name=LINUX_BOOT:\
ncid:\
addr-pool-start-address=10.222.8.254:\
addr-pool-last-address=10.222.8.254:\
allow-bootp-clients=TRUE:\
class-id="PXEClient:Arch:00002":\
bf=/opt/ignite/boot/LINUX/elilo-ia64.efi:\
hn:\
gw=10.222.8.1:\
ds=10.222.18.10 10.222.18.11:

Simon Loewenthal/NL/Tele2 wrote:
Hi all,

I have to use an HP-UX server for DHCP on our VLAN. I would like to
keep our SLES server as the autoyast server for the BOOTP NFS etc for
the autoyast clients.

Has anyone had any experience with configuring HP-UX to pass off the
client to the SLES server?

Currently, on HP-UX 11.23 I have;

root@123:/opt/ignite/boot/LINUX# file *
elilo-3.12-ia64.efi: data
elilo-ia64.conf: ascii text
elilo-ia64.efi: data
images: directory

root@123:/opt/ignite/boot/LINUX# cat elilo-ia64.conf
chooser=textmenu
message=hplinux.msg
prompt

image=images/SuSE11/Linux
label=SuSE11
description="Install SuSE Enterprise 11"
initrd=images/SuSE11/initrd
append="install=nfs://10.205.8.145/pxelinux.0
read-only

root@123:/opt/ignite/boot/LINUX#

However, I later changed the file to read:
# cat /opt/ignite/boot/LINUX/elilo-ia64.conf
chooser=textmenu
message=hplinux.msg
prompt

image=sles11_i586/linux
label=SLES11_i586
description="Install SuSE Enterprise 11"
initrd=initrd
append="initrd=initrd ramdisk_size=65536
install=nfs://10.205.8.145/export/sles11-dvd1-i586
hostip=10.205.8.254/24
autoyast=nfs://10.205.8.145/export/generica-sles11_i586-autoinst.xml
netdevice=eth0 textmode=1 insmod=bnx2"
read-only

HP-UX /etc/bootptab reads as;

autoyast:\
ht:=ethernet:\
hn:\
sm=255.255.252.0:\
gw=10.205.8.1:\
bf=/opt/ignite/boot/LINUX/elilo-ia64.efi:\
bs=61

Not that this made a blind bit of difference because a /nettl/ (HP-UX
version of tcpdump) of the client's request was for this file:
../opt/ignite/boot/boot_lif.octet.tsize.0

Cheers, S.

PS. Please presume that we can only have one DHCP server per VLAN.
PPS. Please ignore the earlier Email with the wrong title.

--
Simon Loewenthal/Tele2
GSM: +31 6 2000 5427

******** IMPORTANT NOTICE ********
This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure and it is intended only for
the addressees. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any
copying, distribution or other use of information contained in this e-mail (and
its attachments) is not allowed. If you have received this e-mail in error,
kindly notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail and delete the message
(including any attachments) from your system.
Please note that e-mail messages may contain computer viruses or other defects,
may not be accurately replicated on other systems, or may be subject of
unauthorized interception or other interference without the knowledge of sender
or recipient. Tele2 only send and receive e-mails on the basis that Tele2 is
not responsible for any such computer viruses, corruption or other interference
or any consequences thereof.