Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] postinstall script questions
  • From: Katarina Machalkova <kmachalkova@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 13:27:41 +0200
Hi,

I have some post installation scripts that I would like to call from
my generic autoyast.xml file. This involves three related questions :

I let others to answer questions 1 & 2, but this is an easy one:

3) Finally. if I add the package squid to the list of packages to be
installed, then will autoyast install and add the nessecary user

The answer is yes. If you install squid (with autoyast or in any other way),
the RPM package already contains a scriptlet executed in the course of its
installation that will create squid user. See:

kmachalkova@opice:/work/SRC/all/squid> cat squid.spec | grep -B1 useradd

AutoReqProv: on
PreReq: /usr/sbin/useradd, %insserv_prereq, %fillup_prereq
--
%pre
/usr/sbin/useradd -r -o -g nogroup -u 31 -s /bin/false -c "WWW-proxy squid" -d

So - no need to create squid user additionaly in the autoyast profile

hB.
--
\\\\\ Katarina Machalkova
\\\\\\\__o YaST developer