[opensuse-autoinstall] createrepo breaks installation server
  • From: Justin Kinney <jakinne@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 15:16:38 -0500
Hello,

I've got a sles 10 sp2 installation server accessed by clients via
http which has been working fine.

I recently used createrepo to build the repomd.xml and other files
necessary to use this source as a repo for packages by zypper clients.

This too seems to have worked for providing package dependencies for
clients that were not originally installed on the host.

My problem is that now, whenever I try to build a new host, I get a
message similar to "cannot find pattern: base". The installation
continues, but based on the package counts being installed, there are
many missing packages. The system later fails while trying to install
grub. Removing the repodata folder from the installation sources
fixes this.

How can I use the same repository to both offer installation sources
and later be used as a zypper repo?

Thanks,
Justin